Book
I got this book and filed it away along with other story books I plan to read to our children. I want to recommend this as a lovely simplistic child's book to get the general concept of how surrogacy works across to young children.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Very-Kind-Koala-Surrogacy/dp/1482621525/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1386776988&sr=8-1&keywords=surrogacy
Monitors
I recently did a infant first aid course and I bought two snuza hero monitors these seem like a great invention , it clips onto the diaper and if baby stops breathing it buzzes to remind them and if no reaction it alarms the parents so baby can be checked on. I think these will be great to reassure us when we are out for baby collection. Then I bought two tommee tipper monitor mats for under the mattresses when we are home the pad notices when there is no breathing or movement and sets off the alarm.
I wrote the Christmas cards this week and am so pleased that its the last year we will be addressing them from just us as a couple and from next year on we will be a family.

Hi Sonia, still reeling in shock with your news but we are thrilled to bits for you both. Love the blog - its a great idea. I can't wait to meet your new family in 2014. Helen
ReplyDeleteThanks Helen :-)
DeleteThanks for the link to the book. I bought the Magical Journey book on surrogacy and it was pretty ordinary for children in my opinion. Congratulations and all the best with your surrogacy adventure and more important, what follows! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks Tom, I'm looking to gather up a few more books as we go along. I love reading myself so these babies are gonna have a lot of story times :-) , books like these mixed in with the usual storybooks to help awareness from a early age.
ReplyDelete